Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 16 - City Life






I avoid city life most of the time - give me the wide outdoors any day, but when we travel it is the everyday aspects of life in a city that can be most fascinating. Venice is an amazing place where the day to day work still goes on, even though the streets are mostly waterways and the 'delivery vehicles' are, by necessity, boats. The post still gets through, food and goods are loaded and unloaded and people walk or boat to work. Washing is done and hung to dry over the heads of tourists and residents ... life goes on. I love this city.
(I know the highlights are blown out on the washing but I couldn't resist including it...)

9 comments:

  1. Reminds me a little of Brisbane during the floods, LoL. However shots of Venice always remind me of a Monty Python Travelogue which dismissed the classic city with the phrase, "As we leave Venice - Sinking Slowly in the West".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the activity you captured! You really get a sense of the day to day dealings of the people. My favorite has to be the first shot of the narrow waterway. It looks so classic Venice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great series of images...really captured the essence of the place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fascinating to see new cities and how people live in them. Great captures in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful series of images from Venice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Especially like the last image....one you don't often see....now that I do I'm amazed that this delivery was made via boat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat! Glad you went to the city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok...another place on my bucket list...all due to your awesome images! :)

    ReplyDelete