Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25 - Blur




Photographing birds means timing is everything. One second you have the perfect composition, then you press the shutter and all that is left in the image is a tail ... or nothing! Sometimes the flight has unexpected outcomes - serendipitous images where the blur becomes the capture and all is good. This flock of galahs took off just as I snapped the picture. Outside their nest in a tree by the river, a pair of galahs are surprised by an eastern rosella - just passing through - and a brown cuckoo-dove took off in a flap from the roadway as we approached.

9 comments:

  1. The sense of movement is almost dizzying. Nice captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first shot is superb...I know they are blurred but the sense of movement is great...and its almost abstract...great shot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again Steve beats me to the punch. Iris, the first shot really great. It has a fantastic sense of movement and, I just 'really' like it.
    M.

    http://366andallthat.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a Galah Lover I can say in all honesty that is the best fight or flight picture I've seen, you caotured everything but the screeches I Love it and the dove too is a teally top motion shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Steve and mike. That top image just grabs my attention and really conveys the motion and beauty of the moment of lift-off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the explosion of color and movement in that first shot. I hope you have some wall space for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really like the first pic...the blur makes it almost abstract

    ReplyDelete
  8. That top one is fantastic--all about motion and the whirr of wings.

    ReplyDelete