Monday, January 16, 2012

January 15 - ART




This one is late - a weekend of pruning and digging and planting meant an early bedtime yesterday but the results were impressive. I could recycle yesterday's garden sculpture as art(!?) This topic makes my head spin because Art is everywhere - photography, weaving, painting, sculpture - I love art from found objects like yesterday's discovery, or coloured leaves arranged in a pond, shells hung by fishing line on trees at a beach or raked patterns in the sand that will disappear as the tide comes in - so many choices...
In the end I decided to go back to childhood art - here is a selection of cats - I hope you like them :-)

6 comments:

  1. Child art is the best, even the masters try to achieve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known." ~ Oscar Wilde

    Cool photos.

    PS: I can't post using either my WordPress id or OpenID. Not sure what the problem is. I'm using my Google ID, but you'll find my photoblog here: http://kandrew2012.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your art wall. My little one is only 22 months, but his scribbles are my pride and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful array of cheerful art...these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the view of children documented in their art...it's so fun to have them condense a complicated subject to such few essential and interesting details. So hard to do as an adult when we get stuck on realism!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a simplicity and niaivity in child art that is captivating

    ReplyDelete