Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17 - automobile





So... I was wondering whether to save some of these for 'Iconic' - the horse motif is one of the more recognisable when it comes to cars, but automobile is the word of the day and an impressive collection at Marinello had us captivated for some time as we imagined ourselves driving one or more of the vehicles on display. When I received the list of words for the days I figured that 'in the details was a bit of a theme for the year rather than the first 'word' so instead of images of the beautiful hand-built cars here are some details - scrutineering stickers on an old racer, the iconic stallion on the grille, engines that you can almost hear the roar of...

7 comments:

  1. My favorite is the third one, which has a fascinating abstract quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all of these details of cars...but I am w/ bobbie...loving the 3rd one...the colors and repeting shapes just pulls me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics and as a former mechanic I can truthfully say my favorite is ALL THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice details of the Ferrari . . . the horse is very iconic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stickers photo best Iris. Really tell a story.
    M.

    http://366andallthat.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all...and you are right, the Ferrari one would have made a very good Iconic theme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Find myself trying to read those stickers.....so it's the one that has drawn most of my attention.

    ReplyDelete