Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 19 - Beauty





Beauty - finally we start on B!
As usual I'm going to be a little obscure because 'beauty' surely is in the eye of the beholder. Here are some faces that maybe only a parent could love :) baby thrush, wagtails and orioles ... and a brush turkey teen who is beautiful in unexpected ways...

The oriole baby is currently growing in its nest near the river behind our house, I think there are at least two hatchlings, but yesterday was the first time a little head popped up for me on my daily photo excursion. The parents are feeding the little ones what seems like massive quantities of insects and I am looking forward to watching them grow and taking some special photos.

10 comments:

  1. Love the wonders of Nature that surround you...know I'm always in for a treat when I visit your blog! My favorite is the first one.....a great detailed close-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing bird shots. My favorite is the top one where the hungry orange maws stand out so demandingly against the background. But the last one has its own funky appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demanding is what I think! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris, they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whatever my thoughts, really good capture!
    M>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful captures! The baby birds are captivating and the turkey is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible captures...that first one is so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great captures...as you say...its in the eye of the beholder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! All of your photos are amazing! My favorite shot has to be the first one. I don't know how you managed to capture that shot, but job well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the nest was in our shed and so I climbed the biggest ladder we have, as far away as I could get and still get a nice close-up. A long lens and a lot of waiting very quietly gave me a couple of good shots as mum (or dad?) arrived with a meal.

      Delete
  9. I adore the shot of the baby birds. The contrast is spectacular! I love how the yellow/orange stands out. The wonders of nature......

    ReplyDelete