Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 03 - accidental


I need to think about this one - it's a lovely quiet summer day here, so accidental is a challenge!
A wander in the garden gave me inspiration, so this was snapped on my pocket camera - a Panasonic Lumix that I like as a pocket - take anywhere camera. I bought it as an 'emergency' when I forgot to take a camera on a trip away and it has proven to be a fabulous extra to have.
This is an 'accidental' addition to our orchard - a passionfruit vine that sprang from old rootstock and took over our grape vines and climbed an orange tree - we are still trying to remove it as the fruit is inedible, but the beautiful flowers get to me every time and I leave just a little of the vine - only to have it take over again... so I have planted a beautiful AND edible passionfruit this year - flowers and fruit will be a winning team!

7 comments:

  1. I would take that accidental any time....absolutely spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it is going to be a delicious Accident too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a glimpse of your accident. We had a passionflower vine on our arbor for years. My husband didn't like the fact that it took over everything else planted on the other three corners. One cold winter, many of my plants froze and this vine was one of them. I did enjoy photographing the blossoms while it existed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Passionfruit flowers are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower and a lovely image...very crisp

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a passionfruit flower--it's spectacular and complex.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you decide to keep a piece of this invasive plant every year...it IS gorgeous and one has to feel for a plant that continues to flourish in spite of everything.

    ReplyDelete