Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 02 2012 - abstract


The wedge-tailed eagles that live across the river from us have raised another baby this year - a huge golden-feathered child with an easily 2 metre wingspan. Up in the sky today 'baby' was practising diving and turning and swooping while parents watched from a little higher.
The photos I took today were a little unsharp, so I hope you will forgive another that I took previously of these same birds. My image for the day is a photo of one of the adult eagles about to swoop on prey - abstract because it looks like a pattern until you sort out the wings and feet and head. The sky behind was dark grey, I added a little intensity with the purple.

14 comments:

  1. I still haven't worked out the hunter and prey...but I love the abstract shape against that background...great image

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shot Iris, but have to ask what sort of agricultural experiments are going on down there? That Wedgie seems to have THREE wings as well as that glorious tail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way he's silhouetted against the sky! Good idea to pump up some color in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The silhouette makes for an interesting abstract. The color adds to the drama of the attacking eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very cool editing...I can see this on a huge print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are such magnificent looking birds, and this silhouette showcases their powerful claws and beak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the hunter, wings outstretched, tail down, legs ready to grab the prey and head forward with eyes fixed on the hunted below - no photoshopping apart from a nudge on the colour to give some atmosphere. These birds have about a 3m wingspan as adults and I have watched them often in the sky above our farm. This day I noticed something different as I looked up and just happened to have my camera (canon) with me - there are a few good shots as he tucks his wings and sweeps down towards the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree Chesney, it would great displayed somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks mythical--not like an eagle, but more like a roc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful capture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an AMAZING shot!!! Well done, oh I wish I had half your talent!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous, I'm so in awe of the Birds of Prey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. can I use this for my son's kindergarten soccer banner?

    ReplyDelete