Sunday, April 1, 2012

March 31 - Enormous


Iceland has 'enormous' well covered!
Gullfoss is one of Iceland's most spectacular waterfalls - the Hvita river sends enormous quantities of water hurtling down in two stages at angles to each other. See the tiny people on the rocks at the edge of the falls - no safety rails in Iceland - just be sensible and don't get too close to the edge! Once you are down there the roar of the water is almost overwhelming as it hurtles over the massive rock faces. Worth the walk :)

12 comments:

  1. Seeing the people sure does make the perspective fulfill the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and wonderful perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the most impressive waterfall I've seen outside of Niagara Falls. Your lighting and composition enhance the sense of awe. Iceland is on my bucket lest--even more so after seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning view! Your last few days of landscapes are each great captures. How nice to be so well-traveled in this world of ours and be able to enjoy these scenes firsthand. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Karen Ann! just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the angle at which this image was taken...thanks for the reference about the noise associated with the falls...shifted my imagination into gear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful composition. I am enjoying your travel images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, never seen this scenefrom this perspective.....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely a framer! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome !!! Iceland is one place I would love to visit with my camera

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a great overwiew! I remember the roar it's mighty and everyone seems to behave round there

    ReplyDelete