Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 18 - Feminine




Diana, goddess of the hunt, moon and birth - twin of Apollo and connected to animals and the woodland.
This is another experiment :) I thought Diana standing in her niche at the museum was not appropriate for a goddess, so I found her a woodland and made some mist and sent the light of a full moon filtering down on her through the leaves. Another fun project and I have included the original sooc images. The tree is beside our house, Diana is in Russia :) I like the result. It's done in several layers - first I duplicated Diana and erased her background - a bit tricky because she is a similar colour, then I added a layer with the tree underneath her and adjusted the relative sizes. Once that was done, added a layer above both in orange, set to overlay and adjusted opacity so that it was just a glow. Then a white gradient for fog, wiped back to make the light beams, then I added a vignette and changed it all to B&W then adjusted opacity of this layer just enough to give it warmth - Feminine - done!

6 comments:

  1. You are having some great results with these composites you're creating! I hope I can learn how someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great result....well done on the post processing

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks great in this environment, Very good composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! The effect is subtle and believable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last image is picture perfect...love how the light illuminates her!

    ReplyDelete