Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 3rd - Curvature



One of the walks we did while we were away included a sculpture display in the bushland - a fabulous idea and one you may see more of if the themes allow ;) These wings, suspended between the trees gave an impression of flight and a nice image for the 'curvature' theme for today. I couldn't decide - the limited palette of nature's greens and browns - or a B&W? I have been trying to take photos that will translate well to B&W and am working on the technique to get a good result. At present I am using layers to control the intensity of each colour and wishing I had a great printer nearby so that I could test the results rather than just on the screen of my laptop, which has its limitations! I have a large screen in the study which I need to get back to ASAP.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely capture! I really like the warm feel of the colored version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color shot the best; and most interesting capture for the theme.

    Kim
    http://kandrew2012.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find....and I like the B&W very much...throws out the detail of the sculpture

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm partial to the black and white but am also drawn towards the gentleness of the colour one~

    ReplyDelete
  5. While both are nice images, I think in this instance I prefer the color image. I especially like seeing the color of the tree through the left side of the sculpture and I think the color image renders your white more beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the B&W: it allows the forms to take the attention without the added distraction of color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic details..I think the B&W brings them out the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black and white...IS...more revealing. Marvelous discovery of this sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a beautiful sculpture and the BW makes it stand out more, showing the details better

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place to walk about. I prefer the color with this set. Wonder what the b&w would look like if you took the blacks as far as they could go, the sky would get muddy but the wings may show more detail with the deeper separation. Just thinking out loud. I like how you are thinking of the dual use of images for processing while you shoot.

    ReplyDelete