Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 07 - Garden



 

Mt Annan Botanic garden is a cool climate garden in the Blue Mountains area of NSW. It is on a hillside with views across the valleys and winding paths connecting all levels and areas of the garden. It was interesting to see the stand of Wollemi pines (not in these photos) - a species unknown until about 10 years ago, found in the Wollemi National park, near to Mt Annan. I loved the bog garden with its collection of sundews, pitchers and other carnivorous plants and was happy to spot a New Holland honeyeater amongst the pink heath, which gave a beautiful colour contrast.

7 comments:

  1. Ahha! Mt Annan Smellie Factory in ful production t'would seem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful place....love the picture with the bird...and those gorgeous flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some envy!
    I especially love what I guess is a pitcher plant. I'll have to look up just what is meant by a cool garden there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I love the spiral walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all beautiful, but I think my favorite is the top one. The bird is pretty compelling, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice series of images...

    ReplyDelete